Saturday, May 14, 2011

Easy Walk

6X8 Oil on Gessoed panel $115
SOLD to a Florida Collector
 send me an email
I have a need to get back to basics - and one problem I have always had is achieving color harmony. I have a color wheel, which helps, so I dug it up and used it on this painting. My plan is to paint one simple small painting of Easy every day for a week using a different palette from the color wheel.
This palette is a "split complement"  using blue-green, orange and red. A complement of blue-green is red-orange. The "split" occurs when you use the two colors on either side of the red-orange. I may just rotate one color and do the next image as a split complement, too. This could turn out interesting.
I am painting Easy because he is on my mind. Today he went to a potential new home - down in China Springs near Waco. I have always thought he would excel as a 4-H English project and that's exactly what 13 year old Jennifer wants to do with him. They are going to take up to a month to decide if they are a good fit. She is beginning rider and has an instructor to work with them. I do not want Easy to go anywhere where he is not appreciated and cared for and Jennifer and her family seem like the perfect caretakers. And if it doesn't work out, well, I'll still have my favorite model!
Ecclesiastes 7:8
The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: