Sunday, May 29, 2011

Run Wild, Stay Free - running arabian horse

6 X 8 Oil on gessoed board $115
Includes shipping and insurance in US
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY, everyone. Please take a moment to stop and and give thanks in your heart for the men and women who have sacrificed everything so that we can be free. And in my opinion the greatest freedom we have is the one to speak freely. Lord knows the stuff I talk about here is mild compared to what I hear on talk radio nowadays - from BOTH sides. And that is what makes this country great - and is also what amazes OTHER nations. Many cannot fathom what it is like to be able to voice your opinion on any subject and not risk reprisal. When our freedom to speak freely is lost, we are lost.
I have just returned from a workshop conducted by Carol Nelson - a fellow Daily Painter. Carol is one of those gifted artists that paints both realistic impressionisms AND abstracts - and does both very well. I am am very fond of abstracts but find myself almost incapable of producing one I like. A good abstract displays all the basics of good art - composition and harmony - just without an identifiable subject. I learned a lot last week, and hope to incorporate some of it in my future paintings. I also learned some interesting display/finishing techniques using epoxy. Stay tuned for more on this - I think you will like these hard to frame 6 x8's done this new way - at least new to me!
Acts 26:26
The king is familiar with these things, and I can speak freely to him. I am convinced that none of this has escaped his notice, because it was not done in a corner.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

4 comments:

Carol Nelson said...

You have some lovely sentiments for this Memorial Day. Someone sent me some pictures of Memorial Day events that made me cry.

Thank you for mentioning my workshop. You will get the hang of doing abstract work if you work at it a little - you already know about color and composition.

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

Beautiful painting! It has so much in it, I thought it was much larger! Lovely!

Kristin said...

what a beautiful, energetic painting!

Susan said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this - wow, Debbie! Its great!