Thursday, October 11, 2007

Balancing Act


Still trying new things here. I went to a painting workshop last summer, and a list of supplies included hog bristle brushes. I tried them then and hated them - I have always preferred sable brushes and just couldn't get use to the scratchy edges. But an artist I admire uses them and so I tried again recently - with better results - a couple little paintings first and a large one currently on the easel. The bristle brushes prevent me from concentrating too much on the subject details and focusing more on composition and color - something ALL artists should do.
This little painting shows the action and balance of horse and rider in a cutting competition and is available for purchase from me. dglincoln@embaqmail.com
Proverbs 16:11 Honest scales and balances are from the LORD; all the weights in the bag are of his making.

1 comment:

Sarah Shalley said...

Hi, Debbie. I am a friend of Merideth's and found her blog on yours. I'm looking through your entire blog! I may have you paint something for me. I LOVE this cutting horse painting. My grandfather is a World Champion...it would be amazing to have him painted on the horse he won. Something for me to thing about!

Hope you'll check out my blog.
Love, Sarah