Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Kiss My ... 4


My recent paintings of horses' rear ends has become rather popular, so here we go again. Nearly all my neighbors have horses, and these belong to John. Actually this is just one mare, in three different poses. I stopped to visit with her and her two buddies one afternoon and true to form, since I had no goodies, they ignored me and continued to graze (I was allowed to administer one quick wither scratch, however). John raises Arabians and this mare is one of his favorites. Most of the horses around me are Quarter Horses and some of their owners loudly proclaim "I wouldn't get caught dead with no A-Rab on MY place". I have always asserted, however, that a good horse is a good horse, regardless of the breed. And there are really good ones in all registries.
This 16 X 20 painting will be ready to sell as soon as it dries and you can contact me at dglincoln@embarqmail.com
Song of Solomon 6:9 But my dove, my perfect one, is unique, the only daughter of her mother, the favorite of the one who bore her. The maidens saw her and called her blessed; the queens and concubines praised her.