Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fish








First Pond



A number of years ago, when I was working and in charge of 8 employees, I was experiencing a particularly hard time managing several of them. Frustration sometimes leads me to my yard where I usually dig and/or construct things. This time I started digging a hole which eventually resulted in a fish pond (after about 3 months of nightly burrowing). The first effort was attractive, although crude. And it was hard to keep clean, because the filtering system I used was woefully inadequate.
Eventually I tired of trying to keep it clean and we hired a professional to install a filtering system, a waterfall and to lay and concrete the flagstones properly. We were more than happy with the results and have enjoyed the "new" pond for 3 1/2 years now. The fish love it, too, and I periodically have to find homes for their offspring, which is harder than you imagine. This is my first effort at painting one of them and it will be up for auction on eBay this coming week.
Job 12:8 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you.









No comments: