Friday, November 16, 2007

Grand Canyon Sunset

Friends that we RV with just got back from the Grand Canyon and shared this image with me. I have been reading quite a lot lately about new ideas as to how it was formed. Now scientists think that it might have occurred quite quickly - possible when a glacier formed dam burst and huge volumes of water washed through and carved the canyon. Regardless of the method, the result is incredible and breath taking. I saw the Grand Canyon years ago as a child during a whirlwind family vacation through the southwest. Next time I intend to see it at my leisure and marvel at it's wonders.
This 6 X 8 oil on masonite is available directly from me for $50 or can be found on eBay in a couple weeks. dglincoln@embarqmail.com
Psalm 17:7 Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes.




No comments: