Friday, November 30, 2007

Horse Portrait

I painted yesterday, but I couldn't seem to finish anything, which is unusual for me because I am often very impatient to finish a painting the day I start it. I am finding, however, that if I take my time and go through a series of planning steps that one of my artist mentors has taught me, I am usually more pleased with the results.
At any given time I have at least 3 to 6 paintings started, so it's actually easy to FINISH a painting every day, but they are not necessarily painted in one day - at least not the larger ones.
The little paintings I most often do finish in a day, however, and I am finding them useful in that I no longer just start painting. Rather I plan them out like I do the larger ones - and I am becoming more satisfied with the end results.
This painting today is simply an example of commissioned work that I do.
Ecclesiastes 5:10 Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income.

No comments: