Friday, November 23, 2007

Sunrise in Morgan Mill Texas



Yesterday was Thanksgiving and it just occurred to me that I was blessed with the company of my ENTIRE immediate family. Both my adorable kids and son-in-law, my sweet hubby and his wonderful parents, my funny and talented brother and his cute wife and my nutty, generous, goofy mother. In addition, one of my husband's brothers and two of our nephews - one who was in the Navy and one currently in the Air Force, were with us - two warriors. What a blessed day! And I have a really, really bad head cold and was truly dragging before the day began, but having my family around me provided a lift that nothing else could accomplish. As a result, I prefer to look at this painting this morning as a sunrise rather than a sunset - a new beginning; a chance to accomplish one more thing before nightfall.

This 8 X 10 oil on wrapped stretched canvas with painted sides is available directly from me for $50 or can be found on eBay in a couple weeks.

2 Samuel 23:4 he is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings the grass from the earth.

No comments: