Sunday, November 18, 2007

Navajo Goat Girl


I have never painted a native American portrait before, but I am anticipating doing more after our trip to the Pine Dale Wyoming Rendezvous next July. Mike made reservations yesterday, so I am ready to get excited! I must confess that this painting was inspired by a photo in a 41 year old Arizona Highways magazine - I don't usually use "outside" sources, but this child was irresistible, and I was needing inspiration. She looks so pensive, caring for the baby goat - why, she's just a baby herself! I hope I can find more beautiful children like her that I can capture on canvas.
This 9 X 12 oil on wrapped canvas with painted sides can be purchased directly from me for $100 or can be found on eBay auction in a couple weeks. dglincoln@embarqmail.com
Mark 9:37 "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."

1 comment:

Madison Moore said...

Very nice! Wonderful colors.