Sunday, May 25, 2008

Coming or Going?


8 X 10 Oil on Masonite board $135.00
Shipping and Insurance included

I still have a few more details to add before this one is finished, but I was eager to start posting again - hence this almost-finished-painting.
The open gate falling off its hinges suggests that this horse probably has been in this position before...but we don't know if he's leaving his pasture or returning to it. Some days I can relate - especially when we have been on the road for a while. Home is a comfort zone, but it also means WORK when we return to it after a long absence.
The part of Texas where I live is experiencing some rather unusual weather. It's hot and humid already. The heat we are used to, but the humidity is reminiscent of Louisiana where some of my roots still extend - I see very few good hair days in my future if this keeps up!
Jeremiah 17:8
He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.

No comments: