Saturday, October 25, 2008

Big Bear Market

24 X 30 Oil on 3/4" gallery wrap canvas
Check with Artist for Availability
I have been obsessed with bears and bison lately, it seems. Say, that sounds like a good title for a painting - perhaps I do need to combine the 2 obsessions into one painting and be done with it!
This painting fairly glows on the canvas and looks 500% better in person. I think it will need to be hung in a gallery to be seen in its true light.
We just returned from camping at Ink's Lake in the Hill Country of Texas - near Marble Falls. Beautiful lake, spacey campsites and perfect weather. The fishing wasn't too good, but I did manage to snag a couple catfish, a bunch of perch and 2 nice striped bass. The 3 black bass I caught were under legal size, but were still a lot of fun to land.
These are our camping buddies from out latest trip - and I understand there are possibly 4 more couples who may want to join us on our next venture. Looks like we may be starting a "club"!
As soon as I finish up some paintings I have already started, I will be doing some lake images. It's hard to make myself complete a project before I start another - my father was the some way. I cannot count the number of "projects" in our garage that looked like great ideas at the time, but never were completed. I take after him in this regard, but I try to be aware of it better.
Isaiah 59:11
We all growl like bears; we moan mournfully like doves. We look for justice, but find none; for deliverance, but it is far away.

No comments: