Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Update

nodp
I haven't had the time to paint for a few days - I'm getting ready to install a small show in Granbury, and getting paintings varnished and framed is using up all my time.
We have had a couple additions to the farm, too, though one is just temporary.
Ron's 5th cow had her calf - at last. Another speckled bull - that makes 3 bull calves and 2 heifers, one white, 4 speckled. Yea, cows!
The horse belongs to friend and studio builder, Carl. I call his color buckskin paint - Carl said his owners called him a palomino paint. Regardless, I watched Carl ride him yesterday and I think he's a keeper. He'll be here just a week, though, but I'll get lots of photos before he leaves.
It looks as if Easy will be going to a new home, too, providing he passes his vet check up. More on this later. I need to go paint a new calf!

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

1 comment:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

The cow and calf are charming, Debbie. Is that a photo or a painting?

Hope your back is all better. I'm praying for you too!

And I do know what you mean about the pain meds. They are nice to have around when needed, but I also think they are not conducive to productivity!