Thursday, April 23, 2009

Youthful Dreams - She's Not Dead Yet

9 X 12 Oil on Canvas Board $175
Includes shipping and insurance
This is my neighbor John's oldest cow. I don't know her name, but I do know that when he sold his whole herd of mixed-breed-partly-Brahma cows several years ago, he kept this cow and her little calf. I think she was the oldest cow in his herd at that time and the buyer may not have wanted her because of her size and age. Now John has all new cattle - all black, with a handsome Angus bull. I've never counted, but there's at least a dozen black cows and they all have perfect 3 month old black babies by their side. And then there's this old girl. Still making babies and taking good care of them and standing out in that green pasture full of black cattle. I will miss her when she's gone, but I suspect John will honor her with a safe place to spend the last of her days. He's that kinda guy.
Proverbs 29:25
Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.

No comments: