Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dandy Update

nodp
It's gotten pretty dry in this part of Texas - despite the fact that DFW has received feet of rain - yes "FEET". We are sixty miles south/west of Ft Worth, and we have had only had a couple inches all spring and only gotten one cut of hay with no more anticipated in the near future. So we committed to purchasing several large bales to get the horses through the next few months - and the first was delivered to them today. Four hours after delivery and they haven't lifted their heads yet. When I walked out at dusk to photo them, one at a time they came over for me to scratch their tummies and one at a time returned to the bale. I know where I stand in the order of affection - hay comes first! I thought the big bale MIGHT last a week. Now I'm thinking a couple days. At least the pasture grass will have some relief....
2 Thessalonians 1:7
and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Is that PJ and Easy with her? I can't get over her white legs. What cool markings she has.