Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Texas Longhorn - University of Texas Mascot Painting

SOLD to a Texas Collector
5 X 7 Oil on Masonite $115 with FREE Texas made Cedar Frame
Includes shipping and insurance
I hope my brother doesn't see the title of this painting. He and I (and my son and husband) are all Texas Tech Red Raiders and the University of Texas is an arch rival. But I have mellowed in my old age - after all, my son-in-law is an Aggie and my daughter graduated from Tarleton, a member of the A & M system. None of those schools have a mascot that is as much fun to paint as a longhorn, though. At least in my opinion!
The model for this one belongs to a neighbor and he was an award winner in his prime - both in body conformation and horn growth. Lonnie actually owns several longhorn steers as well as a bull and a number of cows. People in Texas keep longhorn steers just because, and they don't feel the need to explain it any further. Some folks seem compelled to collect one of every color - which is probably impossible since there is a huge variety!
2 Timothy 4:8
Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $115 USD
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Boyd said...

It's okay since Tech beat UT this year in probably one top 5 college football games of all time! I forgive you!--Your lil' brother.