Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Let Me Scratch This First

6 X 8 Oil on Canvas Board $115
Includes shipping and insurance


Georgia, the Border-Collie-Wanna-Be, plays tag with the calves. They all understand that it's "time out" when she has an itch, though. Incredibly, the calves wait respectfully while she scratches, and then the game resumes!

I arose this morning to a crystal blue sky and a view of the horses still standing at the big hay bale we brought them yesterday afternoon. It does not look as if they budged all night and the bale is considerably smaller already. I'd better watch out for belly aches - PJ has been known to eat herself sick.

The Koi pond has held up well so far this summer and I have glimpsed at least 3 little baby fish - about 4 inches long. I don't always visually catch the koi spawning every year - but I did this year. In two days, the pond was thick with eggs and then for the next 2 days, the fish feasted on them. I am always amazed that any babies survive at all, but every year there are several. I usually catch them in the fall and put them in the various stock water tanks or give them to friends - unless there is an exceptionally brilliant colored one. Then I keep it. And that has led to another problem - I now have over 20 fish in a pond that should only have 10 or fewer. Should the pump fail during the hot weather, it would be a matter of hours before the fish would be in serious trouble, oxygen-wise. Guess it's time to dig a bigger pond, huh???!!! Just what we need: another project....

Proverbs 22:24
Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered,


Media: oil
Size: 6 in X 8 in (15.2 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $115 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $115 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: