Friday, July 24, 2009

Show Me The Baby!

8 X 6 Oil on masonite $115
Includes shipping and insurance
Another image from my visit with Tessa's Arabians. This brood mare was quite suspicious of my camera and me standing in the middle of her pasture. She circled back and forth always keeping her body between me and the filly. This foal was quite young and not as brave as the older, colt baby in the pasture with them. I expect on my next visit that she'll be braver and momma will be less cautious.
My friend Rick has stated that he likes to see the WIP's (works in progress), so I have included it. Rick likes to use a crimson ground on his paintings, and he has convinced me to do it occasionally, and I have liked the effect. (See his paintings HERE). This warm ocher is my favorite, though.
I have 2 shows scheduled in October (one in Dallas, one in Stephenville) and I will have to start planning for them soon, if not yesterday!
Matthew 25:36
I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $115 USD
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Debbie,
I love using an under painting and letting it peek through. Your work is so vibrant. I enjoy reading about the horses. Dandy is a beautiful filly. I see Tuffy with Easy. Do you have him back. We have had cloudy cool weather most of the Spring and Summber. I forget how people are suffering in the heat.
Blessings to you.