Monday, January 4, 2010

28 horses in 28 days


Fellow Daily Painter, Carol Nelson, has challenged herself to paint 100 portraits in 100 days and has requested that her followers send in photos for her to paint. She's been gathering material for several weeks now and started painting 4 or 5 days ago. View her blog HERE.
I think her idea is a wonderful and challenging New Year's Goal, and I am considering doing it with horses, mine and other people's, in February.
She posted good advice for photos that she can use - do NOT use a flash; natural light is best - preferably sunlight to the side. The bigger the image, the better (I have horrible eyesight and I paint from my computer screen). I also prefer to paint horses moving - or at least doing something. I will paint just heads, but moving bodies are so much more interesting.
If I get a few responses from you, I will start this mini-marathon in February. I have enough photos of my own to do this, but I thought other people's horses might be fun, too. And of course, they will be offered for sale! Of course! But obviously, you would be under no obligation to buy....
Another note, please send only YOUR photos - no internet Flickr, etc. images. nodp
send me an email with your photos for consideration.
Proverbs 19:20
Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Cool, I have some great shots of a mama and foal from last spring.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Is that Easy?