When I posted this the first time, I showed a black and white of the first photo instead of the color version. Doing that helps me to judge the composition better without distraction from colors.
The second photo is the head beginning to take shape and the third has background added.
The orange base was becoming an aggravation, so I decided to paint over it before I finished the horse's body.
At this stage I am about 80% complete - still need to add the"sparkle". I prefer to do that on a sunny day, simply because the light in the studio is better. And since today is dark, cold and dreary, I may wait....
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.