Monday, January 25, 2010

Goofball Golden Retriever oil painting

5 X 7 Oil on canvas panel
SOLD to a Nevada Collector
My friend Tessa has 4 dogs - and one of them is this goofball Golden Retriever that picks up anything laying around loose and "retrieves" it to whoever is handy to take it from him. One time when I was over there to take pictures of her horses (I am ALWAYS taking pictures of her horses!), the dog came running at me with a rag - and with great delight he offered it to me. I ignored him and he promptly dove into the pond that was close by, dropped it, and immediately lost sight of it. I have never laughed so hard watching that silly dog dive under muddy water trying to retrieve his rag! Like every Golden I have ever known, the world is his simple playground and we are the audience - enjoying his portrayal of a wonderful, happy life. People could learn from Golden Retrievers.
Ezekiel 34:18
Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet?
Media: oil on canvas panel
Size: 7 in X 5 in (17.8 cm X 12.7 cm)
Price: $115 USD
Or, send me an email

2 comments:

Delilah said...

Great painting I can feel the wind in his fur

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I have a vivid memory of a Golden diving for his "rock". I'm sure he had no teeth left.