Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bevo - Outstanding in His Field - longhorn steer mascot Unitversity of Texas UT

8 X 6 Oil on Canvas Board $115
SOLD to a California sitcom set designer
So many longhorns - so little time. There are near as many longhorns in Texas as there are horses and most of them seem to belong to UT alumni! This one doesn't though. In actuality, he belongs to a friend of mine who has owned him for over 15 years and had him trained to be ridden. When she first had him saddlebroke, I was doing goofy advertising for a business we owned, and she offered to let me ride him for a photo-op.
Never one to back down from a chance to try something new, I said, "Great!" A cutting horse, he wasn't, but docile and willing, he was. A nose ring acted as the main steering mechanism, and even though I felt as if I was falling downhill the whole time, it really was fun!
Durango is a lot bigger now (and so are his horns), but he's still a gentle giant and as well cared for as any loved pet. And in my opinion a LOT better looking than the current UT mascot!
Isaiah 1:19
If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $115 USD
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Brandy said...

couldn't agree more - so may lovely moo cows and so little time lol... makes me miss my big ol baby steer :)

(and he did grow up to be quite the looker)