Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolution and Thanks for 2009

nodp
So often I get wrapped up in painting, and as they stack up I wonder why they aren't flying out the door. One reason is because I live in the country miles from the city, and I'm dependent on the internet to connect with people. I must remember, however, to THANK those who HAVE taken the leap of faith and become a "Debbie Grayson Lincoln" collector. To you faithful followers, I send my heartfelt thanks and blessings for the coming New Year!
You already know the paintings look 500% better in person.
The rest of you need to be reminded that I have a 100% money-back-INCLUDING SHIPPING-guarantee. In over 5 years of internet sales I have only had one little painting returned - and it was because the purchaser thought there would be more texture. I did have another returned - but it was to repair a hole the postal service carelessly allowed. I repaired it for free, too - partly because it was before I insisted on insuring every painting shipped. Expensive lesson learned. As Dave Ramsey says: "Stupid tax".
Anyway - I have spent the whole day nursing a cold (2nd week) and updating all my internet sites. I had paintings listed on ETSY, but let that debit card expire, so I am starting over there. EBSQ is a GREAT site to keep all paintings organized and to maintain registered "certificates of authenticity". Daily Painters is my main retail outlet and where most of the smaller paintings sell. I have also gotten several commissions from there. Daily Painters of Texas is my newest and latest venue for sales. I am also the treasurer of that "pay-to-join-site" so I have a vested interest in its success. We have great plans for advertising in 2010.
In the brick-and-mortar world, The Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas sold 3 more paintings and I am hoping for repeat sales from those collectors. I have decided to show with them exclusively as well as keeping my prices the same there as on the internet. So if you want to see the colors in person, that is the place to go. They will get the best of my work.
So, Dear Collectors/Friends/Family: God bless you for your faithfulness in 2009 - may 2010 find you all healthy, wealthy and wise!

Psalm 19:7
The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.

No comments: