Monday, March 22, 2010

Camping Friends


I promised to show you all the sketches and this is number 2. These are 4 good friends and their mutts - photo taken while camping in Cuchara, Colorado.
I was awakened this morning at 6:00 am (which is STILL 5:00 am to me!) by the Bluff Dale Post Office: "Your CHICKENS are here". Dang! I thought I ordered them to be delivered the Monday after Easter - still 2 weeks off! Without even combing my hair (I DID change clothes), I rushed to the post office, knowing it was critical to get the chicks warm, watered and fed as quickly as possible. It was 27 degrees outside, and I had nothing prepared for them.
I hastily called (and woke) my friend, Sandi H., who is going in with me on the 50 chicks, knowing she would probably have baby chick starter feed and a heat lamp (she already has an aviary/coop). She was right behind me when I returned home and I got them set up in the studio bathroom with heat, food and water and Georgia guarding them. They are so entertaining to watch...and noisy. Cheep cheep cheep. Loudly and constantly. They'll live inside for at least the first 2 weeks and then HOPEFULLY the outside coop will be completed enough to move them there. It will be a couple more weeks after that when we might let them venture outside - under guard. (Georgia?) This story is just beginning....stay tuned.
Genesis 8:11
When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth.

1 comment:

Connie Chadwell said...

Debbie - I love this drawing! Beautiful lines!