Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Red White and Blue - large cow calves oil painting

24 X 30 Oil on canvas
This Painting will be Auctioned at the
Lake Granbury Art Association Annual Art Auction Sept. 18
Contact me for more information
I have painted this trio of colorful bovines before - I call them the Patriotic Triplets. There's a bit of symbolism in this painting, in case you didn't notice. Two subjects are focused on the distance while one is concentrating on the immediate. You could stretch this to say that this is rather like our current population. Many of us are looking ahead while others continue to focus on the here and now. Is one viewpoint better than the other? Who's to say - I DO know that we can't continue down the same path and expect to see different scenery. I'd rather take a road I haven't traveled before than stay on this deteriorating one that's full of ruts and covered with cheap asphalt.
If you feel the same way, please get out and vote today. And consider doing what I did - vote against ALL incumbents. I'd rather throw a wrench into the machine and stop it than let it keep running amuck.
Ruth 2:10
At this, she bowed down with her face to the ground. She exclaimed, "Why have I found such favor in your eyes that you notice me—a foreigner?"

3 comments:

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

such a strong piece! Bravo!

Amanda Makepeace said...

Beautiful painting and wise words. I'm adding this to the EBSQ Friday Five post. Be sure to check it out on Friday, of course. ;-)

http://blog.ebsqart.com

smellyrhinostudio said...

Beautiful work!! Wow, I just love everything about it, and I must also tell you this is one of the best blog names EVER!