Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sketches - cows continuous line drawing of gunfighter

I'm off to Burleson today to track down a buffalo robe that a man has agreed to loan me. I am pulling together the necessary elements for the next book cover and this is the most difficult. Got the paint horse, the kid and the background (thanks to all the snow we had this winter). Now I just need the robe. Weather permitting we'll have this in the can by the end of the week and I can begin painting.
This drawing is part of a painting I am working on now; image acquired at Doug Prine's last "Shoot out". I am enjoying the illustrative turn my paintings have taken lately.
I had the BEST birthday ever this past Sunday. My kids showed up, a long time friend dropped by, another camping buddy came by, I rode my horse (and she BEHAVED), and Merideth cooked AND cleaned up. Then another friend showed up with desert and Mike and I watched a Netflix on TV. Perfect ending to a perfect day.
Ezekiel 18:16
He does not oppress anyone or require a pledge for a loan. He does not commit robbery but gives his food to the hungry and provides clothing for the naked.


No comments: