Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sketches - cowboy praying continuous line drawing

This sketch will probably be a painting someday. At Doug Prine's Shootout this year, I got this model to squat (or kneel) on a big rock in the middle of a stream and assume this pose. He had a good looking paint horse who kept moving constantly back and forth. But I managed to snap off a couple clear shots, and I knew I had a winner.
I was depressed all day Monday after hearing that the Health Care bill had passed the House. I refused to listen to talk radio - those guys are just preaching to the choir anyway - no one who NEEDS to listen to them turns them on. I DO listen, however, to the few liberal radio talk shows I can find (or I should say that I listen to them as long as I can stand it). Mike doesn't understand why I do this, because I always end up even madder that I was before. I listen to try and understand where their thinking comes from. One liberal talk show idiot yesterday said 2 things that inflames me: First that the Republican Party is the party of the rich. That is a huge lie. Statistics show Dems have more money (look at Bill Gates and George Soros). Most of my friends are conservative and if they are rich, someone better tell them they don't have to clip coupons anymore....
The second comment this fool made was regarding racism. She said that the Republicans hate Obama because he is black. Again, a huge lie. There are an equal number of racists in both parties (and I do know a couple), but Obama isn't despised because of his color. He isn't trusted because he is a liar. I actually have been praying for him to excel in his job - not because he is black, but because he is our president.
I have come to the conclusion that this country is suffering from "Battered Wife Syndrome". We are tied to this man. We made the choice, and we think we have to live with it so we continue to believe his lies, accept the abuse and hope for a brighter future, because the alternative means that we made a horrendously bad choice and we have no future.
I beg to differ. Our future is rough, to be sure. But better to get out now, repair the damage, tighten our belts and take care of our neighbors ourselves (instead of counting on the government). If we don't, we are ALL going to be locked in a closet with no one on the outside hearing our cries for help. Think how this world would be if everyone really would LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and lived by the Golden Rule. We wouldn't need Big Brother so badly, would we? Maybe THAT's why the push to squash Christianity is so strong....
Amos 5:16
Therefore this is what the Lord, the LORD God Almighty, says: "There will be wailing in all the streets and cries of anguish in every public square. The farmers will be summoned to weep and the mourners to wail.

2 comments:

Pat Burns said...

AMEN!!!!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

AMEN!
Neither PARTY is, for me, better than the other. I, too have to stay away from the talk radio because it makes me madder.
I love your scriptures.