Sunday, March 7, 2010

Five Horses Continuous Line Drawing

nodp I recently found a clever website lately of an intriguing artist who loves rhinos. She calls her studio the Smelly Rhino. On the day I checked it out, she had posted a continuous line drawing of...a rhino, and it reminded me how necessary it is to return to the basics when the painting muse decides to go on vacation...and a valuable training tool is to draw negative shapes to acquire the solid shapes and to do it without lifting the pen or pencil. Often "happy accidents" occur and a pleasing composition emerges.
This may be my next large horse painting....or not.
Genesis 2:9
And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

1 comment:

smellyrhinostudio said...

Great blog! Thanks for mentioning me and my rhinos on yours! I love your horses. Absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to read more.
;)