Friday, January 14, 2011

Indian Camp Commission - WIP

I am working on another commission for a patron in Delaware. He wants an Indian camp landscape, and after some exchange of ideas, I started with the above painting. It was not quite right, though so I widened the water in the foreground. Better.
The colors weren't right either, so I warmed it up a bit to appear like afternoon light instead of morning. Better.

Trees in the foreground needed to go back, and I added some drifting horizon clouds. They are indistinguishable from the mountains, though, so they need some tweaking, too. I also think I will change the direction of the shadows to come more toward the viewer instead of horizontally.
I think this would make an interesting winter scene, too, but this one will have grass and rocks indicating late summer. nodp
1 Corinthians 12:6
There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

No comments: