Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Last One?

12 X 16 Oil on Belgian Linen

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $250 USD
Or, send me an email

This is the final painting in a series of three. I have never painted a rainbow before, but I love the symbolism in the image. After the flood during Noah's time, God placed a rainbow in the sky as a symbol of his covenant to us that he would never again destroy the world (we can do that very well ourselves, thank you).
The great bison herds in North America weren't nearly wiped out due to divine anger. Mankind did it. Fortunately we came to our senses before it was too late and now there are several large wild herds in Wyoming, Montana and the Dakotas, as well as many animals being raised commercially (I know of three small herds in Texas).
So often we seem to be in the brink of destruction and at the last moment we come to our senses - both individually as well as globally. Do we need to be down to our last bison before we realize the price we have paid? The Lord's prayer concludes "...world without end. Amen." I understand that this means "the kingdom of God is without end". However, this physical world holds no promise for us, therefore I am setting my sights on higher ground...
Do you see all this in the painting?
On a lighter note (and to aggravate my mother and Mikey), I plan to ride Miss Dandy this afternoon for the first time. No prayers needed - I will take it easy! Check my Facebook page for photos later!
If you are interested in this painting, it is for sale click here to send me an email
To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE.
Matthew 24:13-14 (NIV) 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

No comments: