Friday, August 24, 2012

Concentration - roping cowboy painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

5X7 Oil on Masonite board
Contact me - I may re-paint the background!
So many things have to come together perfectly at once when a cowboy ropes a calf: Horse must be positioned precisely, rope must be thrown without getting tangled everywhere, rope then has to be tied off on saddle, horse must stop, cowboy stays balanced on horse, etc. I don't think the cowboy realizes how his face looks at this moment, but I see intense concentration that comes from years of experience and practice. I never fail to be fascinated with the procedure...A GOOD cowboy makes it look effortless.
1 Thessalonians 5:2
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: