Sunday, August 5, 2012

Don't Judge Me!

8X8 Oil on Gessoed Masonite panel
This painting is SOLD
One of our neighbors has donkeys - they live a mile from us, but we can still hear their braying. I don't find the noise offensive at all - in fact, it's a lot more pleasant that the noise of the compressor on the gas well next door. Like many folks who live in the country, we have had our "quiet" disrupted by the sounds of commerce.
I don't pay attention to the compressor noise anymore. It angered me at first, but like most aggravations, we get used to them with time and they become part of our background. My husband calls it "incremental changes" and calls them the most dangerous of all. They sneak up on us bit by bit and before you know it you have lost all your peace and quiet (or freedom).
I surely did enjoy the quiet in Colorado, though...
Acts 22:28
And the chief captain answered, With a great sum obtained I this freedom. And Paul said, But I was free born.If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: