Saturday, August 4, 2012

On the Edge - Roper Cowboy and Horse Oil Painting

6X8 Oil on Masonite Panel 
This painting is SOLD
Can you see why "On the Edge" is the title of this little painting? Look where the rope is...and what happens with the horse's next step? "Calm Before the Storm" would be another good title for this painting - rather like today's economic status...but that's another soapbox...
I have seen this happen so many times - a wreck looking for a place to happen, and there is absolutely nothing you can do. Just stand back, stay out of the way and pray no one gets hurt. 
I told you yesterday that we had a new puppy - a German Shepherd female named "Trudy". She's 13 weeks old tomorrow and nearly as big as Georgia already. AND they get along WONDERFULLY. They wrestle and play tag, and Georgia is teaching her all about the chickens, the property boundaries and her other friends (Joy and Max). We are crate training, and so far have had only a couple mishaps (my fault, of course). She learns fast and is eager to please...unlike some politicians I know....oops, I was gonna try to stay away from that subject. Too late. Part of the reason I resumed painting after my hiatus was so I could voice my opinions about the coming elections. We, in Texas, have already started to "throw the bums out" by voting for  Ted Cruz (supported by the Tea Party) in the Republican run-off for Governor and locally voting against another incumbent, Sid Miller, who I have nothing against, but he has served his limit of 2 terms. 
Personally, I have suspicions about ANYONE who would jump into the political arena in today's climate. They must be incredibly altruistic or totally insane. I also think it's too late to do anything about the economic train wreck that about to happen. Prepare yourself - it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

2 comments:

Susan said...

So nice to see you painting again, Debbie! And I love the action and anticipation of future action in this - its a great subject, provides food for thought and is beautifully executed!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

yes it is and in my opinion the candidates will say anything to get elected ;(