Monday, August 6, 2012

How Old are YOU? foal oil painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

7 X 7 Oil on linen panel $125
Includes shipping and insurance US
His legs are still so long - and to reach the ground, he must make them go in opposite directions...the little bird MUST be investigated - both just fledged and newly exploring the world.
I still find many things new and curious, and baby critters top the list. I never tire watching a newborn anything.
Miss Abbey had her calf 3 days early in the wee hours of this morning - a healthy black bull calf. The day quickly turned scorching, though, and I scrambled to get a water mister going under the barn's cover where they'll stay for the next few days. As soon as the sprayer was working, Abbey almost immediately ceased her panting and looked so relieved. I remember when we brought her home last September in 100+ degree heat, she panted so desperately, I was quite worried about her health.
After the calf nursed several times, I milked Abbey and got a gallon and a half of colostrum
to store in the freezer. Wednesday I will go to the sale barn and purchase an extra calf for her to raise - the first of 3. Last year, the extra calves ended up making enough money to pay for the initial purchase of the cow. Its a lot of work to raise calves like this, but worth the effort in my opinion. And I am looking forward to my first glass of sweet milk - my tummy will be happy again!
Jeremiah 30:17
For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: