Friday, May 16, 2014

Following Their Lead - South African lion painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

5" X 12.5" Oil on MDF panel
Check with Artist for Availability
I have made a number of on-line acquaintances through a shared love of cows, and the images that inspired this painting came from a friend who farms in South Africa. I can't imagine living close to lions and the concerns they must bring to those living with them. But then people in the US live near bears and mountain lions and coyotes. I guess predatory teeth are similar everywhere and we all must face them!
This painting is leaving for the Dutch Art Gallery in a few days. Since it is an odd size, I already have it in a custom frame and it will be available for purchase, too.
I am surrounded by fierce lions who greedily devour human prey— whose teeth pierce like spears and arrows, and whose tongues cut like swords.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is a great painting