Monday, January 12, 2015

Dave's Place - landscape commission of home

16 X 32 Oil on Canvas Panel
SOLD
My friend Dave is the historian/archivist of his family, and his home is a veritable museum devoted to the preservation of his family's colorful and proud history. Dave saves everything, and everything he has saved has a story to tell, and he remembers them all. Dave appreciates art and the people who make it. Dave appreciates me.
I began this project with a trip to Dave's farm, camera ready. It was late Spring and already hot - even for Texas. The earliest wildflowers (like bluebonnets) were gone and the warmer season ones (like the Mexican Hats) were in full show. The Zinnias were yet to show. But Dave said it would be OK to paint them all together. I also was given permission to use "artistic license" and place architecture and yard ornaments anywhere I wanted - with the object being to please the eye, rather than reproduce reality. Dave let me know which images needed to be included and which to eliminate, and turned me lose.
The painting is nearly complete, with one more approval from its designer. Then on to new projects!
In the meantime, we are still on "Sophie Watch" with a still swelling udder, but no sign of labor yet. Yesterday was her due date, but the weather was not dreadful enough yet...we are expecting worse within a few days. Meantime, she happily munches hay and treats and enjoys the brushes and scratches she is getting from me. I will be setting my clock (again) for a 2:00 a.m. check....

Hebrews 13:8  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: