Monday, June 6, 2011

Polo Action


We have a new neighbor moving into the area. And by "neighbor", I mean someone within 10 miles of us. Vinnie currently lives in Dallas and owns a polo sport supply company, which he operates mostly online, so he can live anywhere - and he has chosen Morgan Mill. I am happy, because I have found a new source of horse action images! Most of my neighbors have horses that either work for a living or compete in cowboy related events. Polo competition is something new to me. But, hey, it gets the horse to move and it sure looks like fun. And the people who are participating are extremely good athletes. If you doubt this, try perching on the top of a wiggling, dogging, ducking, stopping, turning, accelerating 1200 pound animal for a couple hours and see if you can even move for two weeks after. That 's IF you don't fall off with the first move.
I found these images on a website for Prestonwood Polo Club and could not find a way to get permission to use them, so just enjoy here. Hopefully I'll get to an event and take my own photos soon. Another horsey adventure. Don't worry, Mom - I am NOT thinking of taking up Polo!
Judges 11:17
Then Israel sent messengers to the king of Edom, saying, ‘Give us permission to go through your country,’ but the king of Edom would not listen. They sent also to the king of Moab, and he refused. So Israel stayed at Kadesh.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: