Monday, July 30, 2012

On the Way to Thirty Mile Campground, Creede, Colorado


On the Way to Thirty Mile
8X10 Oil on Stretched Canvas $125
Includes Shipping and Insurance
All the views on the way to Thirty Mile Camp are wonderful, and this one is actually along Highway 149 going from Creede to the turn-off to the camp. I have been told that July and August is monsoon season in Colorado. It has come fairly late this year and has been sporadic in some areas. Fortunately most of the fires are out now, though, and Thirty Mile was never threatened – I am guessing that is partly because the trees are not nearly as devastated by beetle damage as is so much of the rest of Colorado.
Over the past 12 years we have watched the Colorado forests gradually turn brown and dead – starting mostly in the north. And we (and everyone who lives there) have known that it is just a matter of time before the forests go up like matches. My heart breaks for the loss of life, property and habitat that all the recent fires has caused. Please keep Colorado in your prayers. AND keep visiting the state! While the fires have been numerous, there are still LOTS of gorgeous places to visit and COOL OFF!
Isaiah 10:19
And the remaining trees of his forests will be so few that a child could write them down.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: