Sunday, May 12, 2013

#40 Over There - longhorn cow and calf in bluebonnets


8 X 6 Oil on board
This painting is SOLD
The bluebonnets have been less than spectacular this year. I did find some good stands on the way to West last week, but since much of Texas was in the grips of drought last August, the thick, lush patches of Texas' state flower are difficult to find. We irrigate our pecan trees on our long driveway,  so those that grow there did make a nice show, but it was the only patch in our entire neighborhood.
The English peas are beginning to fill out and we ate a pot full last night, and then I picked a bucket for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.
The baby turkeys are also getting bigger by the day. Right now they are in a box in the studio bathroom. Trudy thinks they are her responsibility and checks on them regularly. She is a true shepherd in every definition of the word.
Remember to hug your Momma, if you can, today, remember the Angel Mommas,  and thank all those who have mothered you!

Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: