Saturday, May 11, 2013

#39 Crossed Purposes - cowboy and cow

6 X 6 Oil on board
Check with Artist for Availability
It's calf working time-of-year and my favorite for acquiring new images of my preferred subjects - horses and cows and cowboys. Lee Clay's ranch in Morgan Mill hosts one of the best get-togethers. Lee invites friends and family (especially the kids) to come share in the dirt and blood and excitement of working spring calves.
Assignments are made and everyone has a job. From tracking the heifers and bulls (this year 99 calves were counted - 49 heifers and 50 bulls) to manning the inoculation syringe; from keeping the branding iron hot to sitting on the squirming calf...everyone gets involved. And all ages and genders get to rope!
Hebrews 13:16
And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: