Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sunset Lovers


SOLD
About This Painting:

A collector suggested this painting. She said that if she and her husband could be animals, they'd be strong, free and wild Arabians running into the sunset together. I rather liked that imagery and had fun assembling it.

I've been using a lot of Cad Red and Orange lately - fiery skies and sunsets. I have been in contact with other Daily Painters that feel as I do about the rising economic crisis and it's beginning to be reflected in my art. It's hard to paint sweet and safe when there's a storm raging outside.

Jeremiah 25:32
This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Look! Disaster is spreading from nation to nation; a mighty storm is rising from the ends of the earth."
Media: oil on stretched canvas
Size: 20 in X 16 in (50.8 cm X 40.6 cm)

How to Purchase:
send me an email

No comments: