Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dave's Cow

5 X 7 Oil on Masonite $100 SOLD
I walk with friends every morning at 8:00 and our route takes us by a pasture full of black cows. I rarely walk without my pocket camera and yesterday was no different. Cows usually stick together - whether it be eating or napping - they usually do everything as a group. This cow, however, had separated herself from the rest of the herd to get a drink - her herdmates were way across the pasture surrounding a big bale of hay munching happily. Most people wouldn't notice (or care), but I did and got a lovely picture in good morning light. The girls I walk with are used to me snapping photos and asked if I was going to paint her that day. As soon as I got home I did...Dave raises some really nice cows.
John 4:10
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A delightful and eye-catching composition with appealing cool shadows played against the warm atmospheric light. Good one Debbie! ( Oh, and John 7:37.)

Debbie said...

Thanks, Jimmy, for both the compliments and the "thirsty" verse!
By the way YOUR "Johnny's Hill" or "Willow Creek" are MUCH better examples of cool vs warm colors!