Tuesday, March 25, 2008

First Foal

8 X 10 Oil on Canvas Board $135
includes shipping and insurance
SOLD to a collector in South Pasadena, California
I needed to paint today and new life seems an appropriate subject. My heart has a hole in it from the loss of my little dog, and I will try to fill it with positive thoughts and actions. When one life ends, the void is immediately filled.
Our farm is surrounded by horse breeding farms, and there's a wealth of foals of every color and breed. My mare will be having a baby soon, too, but until then I will content myself with painting other's young 'uns.
This mare lives on the farm where I found Easy, my racehorse that doesn't want to run. She's a lovely gray Quarter Horse and had this teeny filly foal that grew into an adult bigger and faster than her dam. When she was born, though, she could run under her mom without touching her belly and her owners didn't expect much of her!
Sometimes our lowered expectations fail to come through, and good things come from unexpected sources. I will continue to hold this thought in my grief.
Psalm 10:14 But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.

No comments: