Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Day - New Beginning

6 X 8 Oil on Masonite $100 SOLD
I will have to paint a rain picture today. Texas has been dumped on! We've only received a couple inches here, but my Mom in Dallas has had over 10, and folks are getting washed away. It's still raining this morning, so the brick guy cannot work on the studio again. Taping and bedding is nearly complete, though, so I will be able to get in there tomorrow and start texturing the BIG wall. Mike is supposed to go to the lumber place and pick up the pine for the ceiling - I think we may have a weather issue, though and have to delay a day.
This little painting came to me as a vision, and I painted it yesterday afternoon very quickly after working all day on the appaloosa. I have a neighbor friend who is planning to retire this summer, and we warmly congratulated him and his wife when we heard. This friend never sits still and most who know him well have speculated as to whether or not he would EVER retire. Retirement is difficult and even inconceivable for some folks - it's a scary door to step through - and I know from personal experience. But, oh, what can be waiting for you on the other side! So much of life consists of choosing which door to open and bravely stepping through...
2 Samuel 10:12
Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The LORD will do what is good in his sight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Dave's Hay Barns was spectacular. Texas all the way. I sure do miss that BBQ. Loved the black angus and they look pretty good on the hoof too!

Unknown said...

Debbie
Hi, just happened apon your blog, and have to tell you I love your new work. Awesome girl! Great light,
We have not yet been out in our rv, but will be in a few weeks. Too much snow here still
Take Care
Diane Whitehead

Roxanne Steed said...

oh the memory of standing in a cool barn...looking out at the brilliant sunshine - I love the wonderful painterly look of this - the contrasts & the feelings it evokes!!!