Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Morning Still Gestating


5 X 7 Oil on Masonite $100
includes shipping and insurance
SOLD to a collector in Wenatchee, Washington
My little sorrel mare, PJ, was due to foal Easter and she hasn't popped yet. I'm checking on her several times a day now and will start doing the same through the night. I KNEW I was too old to deal with foaling anymore! Tomorrow is my 56th birthday, and a new baby would be a lovely present - do you hear me, PJ???!!!
We have coyotes in the neighborhood, and I have debated whether or not to pen her up every evening. It has been my experience that most of our foals have been born at night or really early in the morning. She has her buddy, Easy, with her, though, and he doesn't let her out of his sight for long. Plus, a pasture allows more walking and is cleaner than a pen - both healthy reasons to leave her out.
Stay tuned.......
Psalm 143:8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

2 comments:

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

this is gorgeous...as is most of your work

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Your writing is concise and a wonderful accompaniment to your paintings. Little glimpses into your life.