Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Flashy Paint

6 X 8 Oil on Masonite $125 includes shipping and insurance
SOLD to a Texas Collector

This pretty paint is "Snoopy" and he belongs to my walking buddy, Pat. She and her hubby, Ken, retired and moved to Morgan Mill several years ago, embraced the country lifestyle and found them a couple really nice horses to enjoy as well. Ken's horse, Doc, is a solidly built black - flashy, and built really nice. Pat had her heart set on something colorful and searched for many long months to find Snoopy. She recently shared a bunch of pictures she had taken of her "family" and I have plans to use at least 4 of them - and paint one final one to give to them in thanks for sharing. I never run out of models where I live!
Philemon 1:6
I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.

I had to show you this cute anole lizard, too. Some people call them American chameleons. Several years ago I caught a jar full of these cute critters at my uncle's house in Louisiana (don't worry - I was very careful not to injure them or let them get overheated) and I released them in my yard, hoping they would thrive in our little irrigated oasis in the middle of hot and dry Texas. The first year I would occasionally spot one or two large ones - a few made it! The following year, I prayed they made it through winter, and when I spotted my first one the following spring, I rejoiced! And then at the end of summer I saw my first teeny baby anole - they were happy here! My mother has them in her backyard in Dallas and they are tame enough to invite onto your hand - mine are, too. I spotted this one yesterday warming himself on the ceiling lumber for the studio. And when I looked close at him, I noticed that he has a forked tail - GET THE CAMERA! After I took his picture I herded him onto my sleeve and released him near the Koi pond. If nothing catches him by the tail, I'll be able to tell him from the others this summer.
Used to be you could buy these lizards at the State Fair - alive in cellophane boxes. I always wished I could buy them all and turn them loose. They were always thin and frightened looking. Hopefully that trade is outlawed.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

We have little geckos in SW Florida but they run away. My cats love to chase them along the window sills.
If one gets in I corral the cats until I can coax it outside. They drop their tails if they get caught.
PS,
I hate seeing live critters for sale at flea markets and such. Boxed up, makes me shudder :(