Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Who's the Teacher?

18 X 24 oil on canvas Contact Artist
I have been frettin' over painting this horse for a couple months now. He belonged to precious friend of mine. She raised him from birth, showed him to championship level, used him to teach greenhorns to love and trust horses, and trusted him to carry nervous humans who had no idea how good horses can be. He died last year and I want to honor his memory with a painting. I will probably paint "Onton" several more times before I get him right. This is a second attempt. I foresee several more. In the meantime, those of you who love appaloosas (I had two, myself) will appreciate the attitude that this breed has. Not only are they flashy, but their hearts can be even bigger than their image. I have never met one I didn't like.
Proverbs 22:4
Humility and the fear of the LORD bring wealth and honor and life.

No comments: