Sunday, February 3, 2008

Elk Cow II

6 X 8 Oil on Masonite
Available on Ebay
This is the same Colorado elk cow that I painted earlier - the one that chased me back to the RV and in the door after I got a little too close to her baby calf. She was as big as my horse, so I suspect she could have done some damage if she caught me. Speaking of damaging wildlife, my neighbor down the road got gored and beat up by a whitetail buck Friday. It's rutting season and a normally tame deer became infuriated at my neighbor while he was feeding him (and the rest of the herd). The deer butted him to the ground, punctured his leg, missing the femoral artery by an inch and generally beat the crud out of him until he crawled under the feed trough. Jim spent the night in the hospital, and I suspect the buck is in someone's freezer by now. You never know when Mother Nature might go berserk. I have been warned about deer this time of year, and now I believe it.
The studio is progessing nicely with most walls up - I believe beams will arrive Monday. In an effort to clean up the clutter, I am listing on eBay a number of little paintings that I have listed here and several that are simply practices. Go here to see this one and others and maybe even make a bid to win: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ2QQsassZjaebar
Proverbs 3:29 Do not plot harm against your neighbor, who lives trustfully near you.


No comments: