Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hurry Up!

8 X 6 Oil on Masonite $125.00
I know you have all been in this situation - the hurried-up you need to go, the slower the rest of the tag-a-longs seem to go! I started to paint this with a grass-fire in the background to emphasize the need for speed. I may add that to the larger version. Or possibly a threatening thunderstorm (hence the slicker).
With all the high winds we are experiencing in the Southwest, grass fires are a daily threat and on my mind constantly. Monday we had really high winds and I could smell smoke late in the afternoon. So in the midst of building the studio, I have all available hoses with nozzles pulled around to the North West side of the house - at the ready. With an exposed wood structure I feel so vulnerable.
2 Peter 3:12
as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

No comments: