Friday, February 1, 2008

Back to Pasture

6 X 8 Oil on Masonite $100
This little painting is not quite done, but I thought I'd post it for now and re-post the finished version this evening. This log cabin is reported to be the oldest structure in Erath County still standing on its original foundation. It and a barn constructed around the same time sit on property owned by a friend who lives about 4 miles from me. My daughter, Merideth, and I were useing it as a background for some photography work we did this weekend and I can't resist painting it as well. I'm not sure where the cowboy is headed - perhaps to the barn to saddle up - maybe the ride is over and horse is being walked back to his pasture....
Luke 12:24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

No comments: