Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Workshop Study


9 X 12 oil on Stetched Canvas $125


I have had the BEST day today. I am attending a 3-day workshop given by Doug Prine (http://www.dougprine.com/) and I learned so much today, that I can hardly wait for tomorrow. I only got to paint about a hour, but I tried several new techniques and color mixing, and I know tomorrow will be sensational. We paint ALL DAY! AND I sold the painting that was posted 2 days ago! Thank you, Christina!

Doug has built a real old-time western town where he allows cowboy shout-outs regularly (and photographers and artists can come). AND yearly he hosts a 3-day weekend for photographer/artists where he invites Native Americans and cowboys and chuckwagons and mountain men and tents and longhorns and everything Western to come stay and be models for us artists who love the old west. Needless to say, I am now on his list for next year....

When I got home, the builders were raising the 2nd roof rafter beam for the studio. It makes me nervous to watch them raise a 500+ pound hunk of wood, but they got it up and into place securely - without hurting anyone or anything. Now the rest of the roof should proceed rapidly - weather permitting.

We had high winds and hail night before last about 3:30 am. No damage, but I sympathized with my poor horses out in the open. They are banned from the pasture with the barn shelter in it, because the fence is down to allow the builders in and out. Their only shelter right now is some pitiful mistletoe-laden mesquites and dead liveoaks in the south pasture. Okay, okay, I know - they are HORSES, but I still like to pamper them!

Proverbs 21:9 Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

No comments: